Congratulations brides and grooms! Planning your wedding should be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Thank you for considering ABQ to help make your dream wedding possible.
- We are professional musicians. We've enjoyed being a part of hundreds of wedding ceremonies. You can trust us.
- ABQ homes you find our website to be helpful.
- Our website includes music samples on our Media page to help you choose your music.
- Our wedding contract confirms our agreement to be an important professional partner on your wedding day.
- The contract provides many important details to assure your desires and concerns are handled to your satisfaction.
- Wedding ceremony outdoors? No problem! We've played in gardens, yacht clubs, parks, island resorts, and more.
- If you have questions, please call or email us. We want to help.
Ceremony Music Budget
Traditionally, the bride's family pays the fees for the ceremony music. However, your circumstances may dictate otherwise. Discuss it along with your other wedding expenses. In some churches, the organist may be entitled to a fee even if the organist is not needed.
- Contact us for rates and packages.
- ABQ requires a 50% deposit to reserve dates.
- ABQ requests the final balance be received 10 days prior to the wedding.
- ABQ can perform along with the church organist, if desired.
- An additional fee will be required if ABQ is requested to attend the rehearsal. It generally should not be necessary.
There are many details to consider when planning your wedding. It's important to organize and plan ahead.
- ABQ recommends reserving your date 9-12 months before the wedding (signed contract and deposit required).
- ABQ suggests that you select ceremony music 4-6 months before the wedding.
- Contact us 2-3 weeks before the wedding to confirm details.
- Pay the final balance due 10 days prior to the wedding.
Music Selection Considerations
Check with your clergy-person and organist on any special rules for music selection that your church may have. It is important for the bride and grooms to select the processional and recessional music. ABQ will select appropriate prelude and postlude music. Your input is welcome, but not necessary.
There may be several processionals, and music length will vary accordingly.
- Parents/grandparents - consider asking parent's opinions on their processional choice.
- Bridesmaids - number of attendants, flower girl, a ring bearer, and/or junior bridesmaid?
- Bride's procession
ABQ has a large variety of music from which to choose. The most common are included on the website. If you have a special request, we're happy to accommodate. If we don't have your music in our repertoire, we may be able to find it, or arrange it, provided we have enough notice. In certain instances, there may be a small fee to cover our costs.
Don't Worry, Don't Hurry!
- Breathe deep and don't hurry down the aisle. Enjoy this moment!
- If you reach the alter before the music ends, don' worry! ABQ will continue playing and end with a graceful cadence.
- If there is an unanticipated delay before the start of the ceremony, have someone tell us. We will continue playing.
- If the wedding party is entering from a place that is out of view, please assign someone to be our eyes and give us a cue.
- ABQ will review our assignments and timing with the officiant (and your consultant, if applicable) prior to the ceremony.
- Let us do what we do best: there's no need for you to micromanage.